Work with us from your School
Instilling Values in Children
Asha-Kiran believes it is necessary to teach values to children and young people so that they may help build a more equitable world Fortunately, the Spanish education system includes the teaching of values such as solidarity, respect and co-education in the school curriculum.
A-K wishes to contribute to much needed work. Wishing to contribute to such fundamental endeavor, A-K offers schools, teachers, tutors, school coordinators and PTA’s the possibility of promoting social values through sponsorship, the interrelationship of children and youngsters from both countries, and solidarity-oriented activities.
This way, Spanish children and youngsters:
- Assimilate solidarity into their value system as well as a socially responsible and cooperative spirit.
- Learn to value and be grateful for the things they receive from their parents and society.
- See how their actions and contribution have an effect on other people’s lives.
- Learn to respect other cultures.
- Help in the planning of activities from their school’s Co-education Center and study important social issues.
- Realize that wellbeing does not depend on material possessions.
There are two ways of Participating
Once the School and Asha-Kiran agree on the Sponsorship Terms, the School will receive a photograph and the personal details of the sponsored child. The Sponsors can interact with their sponsored child periodically by letter or some of the activities proposed below. It is also possible to have live video calls between the School and one of our projects in India. The students can send us their sponsorship experiences to publish in our blog.
Sponsoring can be done:
- By academic year, regardless of the given students in that particular grade at any given time.
- By a group: the same group of children sponsors, regardless of the school year they are in.
- By the School or the PTA.
Regularly or occasionally
The activities we suggest are mainly intended to provide the children who are linked to our projects the items that they need the most, whether material or educational. Additionally, these activities raise awareness and inform the public about the life circumstances of the people we work for, and help to raise funds to improve these circumstances.
At the same time, the proposed activities further the academic skills of Spanish school children, because, through them, they can learn some of the basic skills that the current Spanish Education System deems essential.